PROPERTY TAX and DOG LICENSE COLLECTION TIMES FOR 2019 PAYABLE 2020 TAXES
Property tax collection for the Town of Lanark at the town hall for 2019 taxes will be:
Saturday, January 25th: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Thursday, January 30th: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Please pay your dog licenses at the time you pay your taxes. This will save the town money by not having to mail out reminder postcards. Fees are $10.00 for spayed or neutered dogs, $20.00 per dog if NOT spayed or neutered.
You can also mail first half or full year’s tax payments and dog license fees with proof of rabies vaccination to:
Theresa Maves, Town Treasurer
9070 County Road D
Amherst, WI 54406
Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope so she can return the dog tags and/or the receipt for your tax payments.
Second half tax payments can be paid at the Portage County Treasurer’s Office, 1516 Church Street, Stevens Point WI 54481 (in person or via mail).
If you have never registered your dog in the town of Lanark you must do that every year-let’s try to get 100% of dogs in the town of Lanark registered! A citation to the owner of an unlicensed dog can cost between $169.00 and $263.50.
SNOW PLOW SAFETY
- Keep a safe distance (200′ minimum) so the driver can see you
- If you can’t see the plow’s mirrors, the plow driver can’t see you!
- Keep personal property such as trailers, vehicles, snowmobiles, etc., off of the right of way (33′ from the center of the road)
- Do NOT plow snow from your driveway on to or over the road as this practice is prohibited by Wisconsin Statutes 86.01 & 346.94.
- Keep refuse and recycling carts off the pavement by at least 3′
- The Town will replace your mailbox/post if it is hit by the plow and was in good condition. The Town will not replace mailboxes and/or posts that were in need of repair prior to being hit.
- Keep brush and wood piles at least 9′ from the pavement to accommodate plowing
- Please be patient! Operating two trucks, our crew plows 34+ miles of road and clears over 50 intersections.
- More details can be found in the Town’s Winter Road Maintenance Policy.