The next regular Town Board meeting will take place on Tuesday, November 10th at 7 PM:
The Town Board will meet on Tuesday, October 27th to prepare the 2021 budget:
The next Plan Commission meeting will take place on Thursday, November 5th at 10 AM:
IN PERSON ABSENTEE VOTING
The Town of Lanark is offering walk-in in-person absentee voting/voter registration
- Saturday, October 24th from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and
- Wednesday, October 28th from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
No appointment necessary!
- Bring your photo ID for absentee voting, and proof of residency if you are registering.
- You will be asked to enter the south side of the building and exit through the front door. Face coverings and social distancing practices are requested.
In-person absentee voting and registration is still available by appointment by contacting the clerk at email@example.com or 715/256-9801.
HOW TO VOTE ABSENTEE FOR THE NOVEMBER 3, 2020 GENERAL ELECTION IN THE TOWN OF LANARK
Absentee ballots are available by mail. Each voter who wishes to vote absentee must make that request in writing (paper or email) or online at myvote.wi.gov and provide photo ID (except for military and indefinitely confined voters). A return self-addressed stamped envelope is included if you would like to return it by USPS. The Town also has installed a secure drop box outside the main entrance to the Town Hall which can be used to return ballots. The drop box is checked every weekday.
In-person absentee voting begins October 20 and is by appointment only. Contact the clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or phone 715/256-9801. There will also be several hours of no appointment necessary absentee voting closer to election day. Check back here or our Facebook page for those dates and times.
Absentee By-Mail Deadlines:
- October 29, 2020 at 5 p.m. – The deadline to request an absentee ballot by-mail for regular and overseas voters.
- October 30, 2020 at 5 p.m. – The deadline to request an absentee ballot by-mail for indefinitely confined voters and military voters (not on active duty).
Voter Registration Deadlines:
- October 14, 2020 – The deadline to register to vote online (by 11:59 p.m.) or by-mail (postmarked).
- October 30, 2020 at 5 p.m. – The deadline to register to vote at the clerk’s office
- You can register at your polling place on Election Day (November 3, 2020).
Q: Why do we separate trash and recyclables when both are dumped into the same truck?
A: Harter’s, the company that collects trash and recyclables in Lanark, uses trucks that have two compartments, one for trash and the other for recyclables. These compartments are easy to see when you look at the back of the truck. This design is more efficient than having separate trucks collecting trash and recyclables.
When the mechanical arm lifts and dumps your trash or recycling bin into the truck, the bin’s contents are directed into the correct compartment by a hinged lid that exposes the correct bin while covering the opening to the other one. This 3 minute video from a collection truck manufacturer shows how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAbFLt1yBGM