SNOW PLOW SAFETY
- Keep a safe distance (200′ minimum) so the driver can see you
- If you can’t see the plow’s mirrors, the plow driver can’t see you!
- Keep personal property such as trailers, vehicles, snowmobiles, etc., off of the right of way (33′ from the center of the road)
- Do NOT plow snow from your driveway on to or over the road as this practice is prohibited by Wisconsin Statutes 86.01 & 346.94.
- Keep refuse and recycling carts off the pavement by at least 3′
- The Town will replace your mailbox/post if it is hit by the plow and was in good condition. The Town will not replace mailboxes and/or posts that were in need of repair prior to being hit.
- Keep brush and wood piles at least 9′ from the pavement to accommodate plowing
- Please be patient! Operating two trucks, our crew plows 34+ miles of road and clears over 50 intersections.
- More details can be found in the Town’s Winter Road Maintenance Policy.