Waste and Recycling
Collection days and routes will change as of January 1, 2019. A Monday or Tuesday holiday will delay service by one day.
Please set out no later than 4:00 AM on the collection date and no more than 24 hours in advance. Residents are encouraged to remove their garbage carts from the road right-of-way (except on pickup days) to avoid snow plow damage and vandalism.
– South side of entire length of Highway 54
– All addresses south of Highway 54 and East of (but not including) County Road A
– All addresses north of Highway 54, including those on the north side of Highway 54
– All addresses South of Highway 54 and west of (and including) County Road A (except Damrau and Spring Lake Roads
– Damrau Road
– Spring Lake Road
A map of collection routes and corresponding collection days is available.
Consult the Portage County Recycling Guide for information on items accepted for curbside recycling as well as a list of items that must be dropped off at the Portage County Transfer facility at 600 Moore Road in Plover.
Harter’s will NOT accept:
– any liquid waste
– building demo materials (lumber, metal, shingles, siding, etc.)
– recycling materials mixed with other refuse
– yard waste
– asbestos, in any form
– tires (these can be picked up on large item day)
– used motor oil or filters
– vehicle batteries
– electronics. Includes televisions, computers, monitors, cellular phones, copiers, printers, DVD players, VCRs, etc.
– hazardous or toxic wastes
– explosives, liquids
– flammable liquids
– trees and stumps
– construction debris
– medical wastes (unless personal needles which shall be properly contained in sharps container)
– refuse or recycling containers whose content exceeds 100 pounds in weight
– appliances or furniture
If you wish to dispose of appliances, furniture, or other large items, please call Harter’s at (715) 253-2619 or (888) 804-8556 to schedule their large item pick up. Payment is required before pick-up. The cut off for scheduling pick up will be 2:00 p.m. the day prior to pick up day (alternate Thursdays). Alternatively, you can contact the Portage County Solid Waste Department and drop off items at the Portage County Transfer facility in Plover.